Make Online Transactions a Breeze With DocuSign Payments
Processing payments after an agreement has been signed can be intricate work, particularly for small businesses spending precious time chasing down outstanding invoices. That time and effort can be eliminated by combining the payment process with electronic signature, making it possible to get paid as soon as an agreement is signed.
More than 65% of businesses with manual payment processes experience payment delays or failure to collect. 20% of businesses spend more than 10 hours a week chasing down payments.
An independent Nashville, Tennessee agency called Martinek Insurance Services was not immune to such struggles, having spent countless hours pursuing payments.
“Prior to DocuSign Payments, we spent a full day, almost eight hours, solely collecting signatures and payments for our agreements,” said agency owner Rob Martinek. The tides have turned since he made the digital switch.
“We don’t have to wait on checks anymore,” he said. “It doesn’t change how we operate but only accelerates our business.”
Let’s take a look at how DocuSign Payments can help you get paid faster.
Request payments and collect signatures
- Select your preferred payment gateway
- Accept one-time payments or save your signer’s payment information for future charges or recurring payments
- Allow your customers to pay with any major credit card, debit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, ACH bank transfer, SEPA bank transfer or PayPal
DocuSign Payments help global enterprises, small- to mid-sized businesses, and individual professionals:
- Increase speed to revenue. Accelerate your cash received and reduce the risk of nonpayment
- Delight your customers. Offer customers the ability to sign documents and pay from any browser or mobile device.
- Lower your costs. Avoid the cost, errors and time associated with collections
How it works
With DocuSign Payments, it’s intuitive and easy to send an agreement for signature and payment. Here’s how:
- Connect your existing DocuSign account with Stripe, or another payment processing platform.
- Drag and drop your “payments” tag onto an agreement.
- Specify payment request details.
- Send the agreement.
Your customer will receive an email that they have an agreement to sign and pay. Using their laptop, mobile device or tablet, they click a link that opens the agreement securely in the DocuSign cloud. From there, they:
- Complete any required fields within the agreement such as address, phone number and title.
- Sign the agreement.
- Pay via a number of preferred methods, including Apple Pay, credit or debit card, PayPal, and more.
Once payment clears, the agreement is locked-in and finalized without any unnecessary delays.
DocuSign Payments is included in Business Pro and Enterprise Pro plans for DocuSign eSignature, and is available with some additional plans for a fee. You pay your payment gateway provider transaction fees are paid directly to that provider.
Learn more about DocuSign Payments.