Global Impact Week 2022: Making an Impact from Anywhere
Giving back to our community is a central part of our culture. Each year, we celebrate Global IMPACT Week at DocuSign, when hundreds of employees around the world take a break from their daily routines to volunteer together in their local communities, contributing to causes they care about.
During the week, over 1,600 DocuSign employees came together to volunteer more than 5,000 hours of service through 125 events across 14 countries, generating over $100,000 in Dollars for Doers donations to support the efforts of our nonprofit partner organizations.
This year, many of our teams were eager to meet up in-person to volunteer together for the first time since the start of the pandemic. They gathered in and around our global offices and in many places where we have hubs of remote employees. Many of our remote DocuSigners who were hired during the COVID-19 pandemic actually got to meet their teams for the first time through IMPACT events they self-organized.
Here are just a few of the in-person volunteering activities that employees enjoyed during IMPACT Week:
- Seed Harvesting at St. James Farm (Warrenville, Illinois): Chicago-area employees gathered to enjoy some time outside, collecting seed heads, and helping out the DuPage Forest Preserve District. The seed heads collected will be used either for enriching current ecosystems or for planting new prairies.
- Soup Kitchen with Our Forgotten Neighbours (London): Volunteering in aid of Shelter UK, employees worked with Our Forgotten Neighbours, a community interest organization, to help provide meals to refugees and the homeless in London.
- Christmas Card Making with Backpacks for VIC Kids (Melbourne, Australia): Backpacks 4 VIC Kids is an Australian charity providing backpacks and “nappy bags” to Victorian children entering foster care and emergency accommodation. Employees gathered in Melbourne to make hand-made Christmas cards to go into each of those backpacks to make sure all children feel special to know someone cares.
Some of our employees preferred to volunteer virtually. These remote (and hybrid!) opportunities to give back included:
- Lunch & Learn + Letter Writing with Meals on Wheels: Employees learned about how Meals on Wheels San Francisco assists seniors in the community, and used their creative talents to bring some joy to another by writing letters that will go out with meal deliveries to seniors.
- Creating Smiles at Family House: This event provided teams a remote way to help make a family’s day brighter by sending well wishes and fun notes. Employees created slides for Family House's activity screens located throughout Family House.
- Supporting Shanti Volunteer Association: Shanti is a nonprofit based in Japan that provides educational support and emergency relief to children in Asia. Employees volunteered to help conceptualize reading and library activities for vulnerable children to learn about books, think for themselves and live with hope for the future.
Many of this year’s virtual events were organized by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs):
- Motivating Students in Latin America with English Enrichment Activities: In this event with Outreach360, organized by our Latinx ERG, employees helped young students in Latin America learn English by leading short, fun English enrichment activities. They provided these students with the opportunity to practice their English and gain confidence through songs and activities.
- Crafting Affirmation Bookmarks to Empower Young Girls: Organized by DocuSign Women with Girls Empowerment Network, employees created “Affirmation Bookmarks” that aim to inspire, encourage and uplift girls throughout the community. Crafting these bookmarks is a unique way of supporting and celebrating girls through positive-thinking and self empowerment.
- Supporting Financial Literacy Programs for the Black Community: In this event, organized by our BOLD ERG in partnership with Planned to A.T. Inc., employees were immersed in a sample interactive budgeting lesson taught to students. Teams then provided feedback on additional lesson ideas and components for maximum future student engagement.
- Family-Friendly Volunteering At Home: Organized by DocuSign Caregivers in partnership with Alltruists.com, DocuSign parents signed up to receive “impact kits” covering a range of topics from homelessness to clean water and beyond. Each kit contained educational resources and activities for families to conduct at home, helping to engage the next generation in social impact.
A huge thank you to each and every employee who took time out of their week to give back to the community in some way.
And an extra special shout-out to the 80+ Global IMPACT Leaders and IMPACT champions who stepped up to help organize and lead events for the hundreds of employees around the world who volunteered this week. This week - and all of the positive impact we had as a result - literally would not have been possible without you!
Learn more about DocuSign IMPACT.